Wednesday, April 21, 2010

a kombucha a day...







Kombucha(pronounced kom-BOO-cha) is my secret elixir. Not sure how secret it is as I talk about drinking it all the time and I'm either toting a bottle of it around or drinking from a bottle throughout the day. The list of reasons to drink this fermented elixir is extensive, some being are: supports digestion, the immune system, metabolism, liver function, anti-aging, cell integrity, and healthy skin and hair...wow. These are just some really great selling points, so good that almost daily I make a kombucha purchase. Perhaps kombucha holds a type of placebo effect on me, as I "think" I feel different after drinking it, suppressing my appetite, giving me good-feeling energy and makes my skin soft and clear. It's been about two months of drinking this stuff and perhaps it really is kicking everything into gear....vrooom! At first I really couldn't stand the taste, vinegary and with "live" clouds floating in it I was scared. However, like all things in life you gotta keep at em' if you really want to get used to something. 
The brand I drink is called Synergy and the man who started this company (G.T. Dave) began bottling the super stuff after his mother's success drinking it during her battle with cancer. It's on the bottle along with a description of the wonders of kombucha. The dream team includes: active enzymes, viable probiotics, amino acids, antioxidants, and polyphenols. All which combined together are a kick-ass team to have on your side. Not sure exactly how all this works? Well, a holistic doctor or nutritionalist might have more insight than wikipedia or my personal story-tellings, but if you go and buy a bottle and drink it down, you can give it a shot and "ta-da!" see what it's all about. Meanwhile I have a collection of bottles to give to a friend who makes her own fermented elixirs...yeah, crazy. 

1 comment:

  1. love the quotes, i went to the mall yeaterday and seriously EVERYTHING was on sale and i decided it was in the spirit of Earth Day

    ReplyDelete