Friday, April 16, 2010

paper crane wishes.





I love origami! I'm good at folding certain shapes and even little dogs and cats but lately I've got cranes on my mind. For many reasons, one being that I love birds, the cranes hang nicely and they hold a certain serene effect on me. An ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish. This belief makes them popular gifts for special friends and family. I really, want to make some in beautifully colored paper and hang then in my office or anywhere I need some uplifting. So get your folding on, make a thousand paper cranes or maybe just a handful. Do it, as hanging these little birds in one's home is thought to be powerfully lucky and awe inspiring as well(the folding of more than a few cranes can be quite a challenge!).

If you're a newbie at origami or simply aren't familiar with folding paper "cranes" click here for instructions and find origami papers at your local craft store. One more thing, make a wish after you've completed folding...one thousand cranes! Getting my wish list ready, this is gonna take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment